In this video I make a combination of a jack o’lantern and a haunted house that I have dubbed Jack’s Haunted House O’Lantern! It’s a quick Halloween decoration project and it uses up bits of scrap I had laying around the shop. It’s made of pine, I used a scroll saw to cut the design and held together with butt joints and brad nails. Nothing fancy about this project at all, except that I lit it on fire! It was fun trying my hand at some wood-burning that wasn’t on the end of a hot iron. I can see why people get addicted to shou sugi ban.
For a detailed how to check out this link: https://www.instructables.com/id/Jacks-Haunted-House-OLantern/
I hope you enjoy!
Here are some of the supplies, tools and materials I used in making this. The links are either to the exact tool/supply I used, or something very close.
– Wood Glue – https://amzn.to/34cM7EG
– Clamps – https://amzn.to/37sYm1R
– Hand Plane – https://amzn.to/338nszO
– Pencil – https://amzn.to/34e53CT
– Speed Square – https://amzn.to/2QKtMuG
– Propane Torch – https://amzn.to/2D9Vxox
– Battery Powered Tea Lights – https://amzn.to/34eElKy
Note: The links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
#Halloween #shousugiban #scrapwoodproject
You can also follow me here: